Saturday

Jewels in the KL sky!





One can not live solely...and soulfully on fresh air and friends alone so it is with some trepidation and yet, with more than a modicum of excitement that I find myself "...on the road again...".  Replenished and refreshed after a wonderful time at 'home', I find myself once again thrust into the hurly burly of South East Asia...of Kuala Lumpur, or KL as it is known to those accustomed to traversing the globe.  Despite being now recognised as a thoroughly modern, prosperous and affluent city, one only has to stroll through the historic colonial district, or Chinatown with its quaint old shophouses or even the bustling market place of Little India to appreciate the past, colour and character that make up KL today.  As much as I love the old, the historic and the 'quirky dustiness' of any city (possibly in reference to my good self), it is the new, modern and sparkling that attracts me to KL these days. And nothing holds my awe more than the majestic Petronis Towers.  Rising like KL's glittering, arabesque crown and refracting like jewels in the sky, the towers are an arresting and compelling site.  

Not one to miss the thrill of being 'arrested' and 'compelled', I have retired to the Sky Bar of KL's Traders Hotel. A striking rooftop bar with amply and sumptuously cushioned nooks surrounding the hotel's swimming pool, one is comfortably presented with uninterrupted views of the towers and the city's preparations for the evening's activities.  What better way to enjoy a warm KL evening than with a view to rival the treasures of Aladdin and...a refreshingly appropriate Campari Cocktail.  While defined by a careful blend of Campari and a dash of Angostura Bitters, one must insist on the use of a premium vodka to complete this concoction...anything less will leave one with a bad taste in the mouth.  Chin chin! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you on the road again but I t would have never guessed those pictures were from the same city. I figure, if there's one glittery glassy monument, then the whole city has to be that way too. Silly me.

    I've been drinking another Campari mixture lately, a Boulevardier. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will certainly be investigating a Boulevardier Joseph.

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, KL...noodles, satay and the Petronas Towers. Thank you Baron for another glimpse into your world of exotic travel and beverages.

    ReplyDelete