Sunday

An impossibly warm evening with Nick Cave...and 10,000 others!

Just when I thought it could not possibly get any better this wonderful summer in Melbourne, Nick Cave, suitably supported by The Bad Seeds (sans Mick Harvey), sections of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and a choir of small children from Gardenvale, staged one of the music events of the season.  Melbourne's Sidney Myer Music Bowl, an outdoor venue with more than a little history and notoriety, was awash with the deep, dark and moody and tones of the indomitable Mr Cave for more than two glorious hours on yet another warm and balmy Melbourne evening in March.


Being a Melburnian himself, Mr Cave was truly at home 'on the green' and performed his ample heart and soul out...even throwing in a couple of pure gems for the oldies in the crowd, including one of my all time favourites, "From Her To Eternity".  

I find it difficult to dispense with superlatives where this concert is concerned but suffice to say, I enjoyed myself immensely...enough even, to move away from the literal pictorial, to a more "interpretive impression' of the concert at large.



Of course, no warm, balmy evening with Nick Cave is ever complete without imbibing one substance or another...and fortunately, unlike so many outdoor venues that refuse to serve libations to its adult patrons, The Myer Music Bowl has no such restriction. While the choice of tipple was indeed limited, an ice cold Heineken or two proved a suitable enough lubricant for me to join in the more than a little moving rendition of "Into My Arms".

4 comments:

  1. AAH wish we were there with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were there as well Janine!! It was fabulous.

      Delete
  2. Your "interpretive impressions" do a remarkable job of conveying the concert's energy. Sorry to say that I'm not familiar with Mr. Cave's music but I shall correct that forthwith by listening to the songs that you mentioned. And "warm and balmy evening in March" is downright hard for me to imagine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to listen to "Into My Arms" first Mary Kay. The clips I have linked are from the actual concert and but you will hear the involvement of the crowd in "Into My arms" and get a good sense of the warm mood of the evening. Enjoy!!

      Delete