Sunday

This is Tokyo, and it is positively...topping!





Tokyo is everything you imagine it is...actually, it is everything you ever imagined! Before I arrived, I thought it would be interesting, but I never imagined it would really have everything.  Oh! I do go on.  Tempering my hand, I imagined the concrete canyons, I imagined the shopping, I imagined the lights, I imagined the food and I expected the orderly nature of things, but I never imagined that I would feel simpatico with it all.  I usually have an appreciation for the chaotic, but in Tokyo, I have an appreciation for the chaotic order of what it is. None of it makes sense but it all fells right. I am sorry reader, but that it just what it is! It all just feels right!  It is visually loud but aurally quiet...it is atheistically wrong but so stylistically spot on...it is...just is!  This will no doubt upset the purists, but Tokyo is Ikebana, that art form in which nature and humanity are brought together.  In attempting to bring nature and humanity together in my own very special way, I have settled on a subtle yet delightfully potent homemade Umeshu for my evening tipple; that wonderful Japanese sweet, sour plum liqueur made from steeping ume fruits in the best available sake, well, any alcohol really.  I have been truly blessed by being invited to a sublime private, and might I say, incredibly salubrious Shimokitazawa sanctuary to imbibe in the very best.  Life is indeed at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment