Tuesday

Mi Casa....tu Casablanca


You know, despite all of the negative things I have heard about Casablanca, I actually like it.  Yes it has the problems of any huge city; traffic, fumes and the general chaos of business, but a long stroll around town reveals a very chic Art Deco glory to it.  I certainly managed to track down a couple of interestingly smoky salons and some noble beachfront views of the Corniche.  Mind you, I fit in pretty well with faded glory.  Despite the Spanish influence in the title of this entry, Casablanca abounds with its French colonial past and it is this heritage that leads me to this evening's tipple....Dubonnet Rouge, a red-wine based aperitif flavored with spices and hints of quinine.  

2 comments:

  1. In all the gin joints in all the towns in the world...Baron, I love the sound of both Casablanca (not well reviewed in guides, so good to have your perspective) and of the tipple! Yummy! By the way, do you have a photo of yourself? I imagine you to be extremely tall, dark and handsome, wearing a linen suit and a monocle. Please confirm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kittie, you have pegged me well....well almost. No monocle but certainly a twinkle in the eye!!

    ReplyDelete