Sunday

London swings like a pendulum...




Ahh! I do like to be beside the seaside.  Blithely partaking in the sea air with those near and dear in Whitstable this past week has been a tonic for the soul.  But one really does miss the hurley burley of a bustling city so it is with some pleasure that I find myself back in old London town once more.  The colours, sounds and the life of London can hit you like a sledgehammer but it can also nurture you in a way that only a large metropolis can.  Too soon, I know I will be far away in other climes so a quick whip around the streets to take my fill is totally in order. But one can not be sated by sights and sounds alone, so what better accompaniment to the senses than a large brandy (a Courvoisier Exclusif in this instance) at Buck's in Mayfair...an old favourite club, deliciously warm and chocolatey, a hearth of sublimity that only London can provide. 

3 comments:

  1. it's been so long since I've been to London, I know it's time to visit again soon. I mean, my age at my last visit was a different decade, so you know I'd see it all differently now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing finer than a large snifter of Courvoisier Exclusif in one's London club, Baron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you going after London?

    ReplyDelete