Sunday

The tail of a dragon...






The future is here...and its in Shanghai.  As much as I have meandered from pillar to post, hung up my hat (albeit for a short time), unpacked my bags,  had my passport stamped and eaten the chocolates off the pillow at night,  I am pretty sure I have not experienced such variance from day to day as I have in Shanghai. Actually I am sure: if variety is the spice of life, then "life" is Shanghai.  If your hankering is to be a culture vulture, then come to Shanghai. If your desires are more culinary in nature, then come to Shanghai.  If it's inspiring and unusual design on your mind, then you can find it here.  From the banks of the Huangpu River to the temples to the Yuan and the mind expanding open air art forays, the bodily senses are in a constant state of flux.   All it needs is an open mind...and an open bank account.  But one doesn't really mind...when you can top it all off at the end of the day with a fabulous Les Pardes de Haut-Bailly, Pessac Leognan, 2004 at Shanghai's Napa Wine Bar & Kitchen.  Five years ago, all this was impossible but now.....well...maybe it's all just too much!

1 comment: