Sunday

Fresh air and folly...

A bit of a day for putting your feet up. It is after all the day of rest and a perfect opportunity to go "up river"  to take in the salt air and appreciate the vistas of broader Lisbon.  With a breeze gently ruffling my hair,  I find myself drifting towards...yet another example of this city's exuberances.  The Torre de Belem is an extraordinary whimsy of architecture.  A myriad of turrets with more than a hint of my former Moorish stomping grounds.  I have found a delightful little park opposite in which to sit and contemplate why on this earth, anyone would build what can only be described as a remarkable folly. I love it...and love it even more with an icy cold Cintra Cerveja Pilsen, a very pale beer with a light tobacco aroma.  Perfect for an afternoon under the cool shade of a spreading tree.

2 comments:

  1. I love the red balloons. Why were they there, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The building was wearing them like a necklace but I am not sure why.

    ReplyDelete