Friday

Kept in the dark...



Life is not all beer and skittles, there is of course...port.  The Gaia waterfront of the Rio Douro is completely dominated by the many lodges and warehouses of the famous port companies, each beckoning to the many purveyors of the noble juice by spelling out their names in huge letters across the roofs.  Of course, one can always follow one's reddened nose into the dark cellars of choice to sample the odd tawny and a grand ruby.  My choice has turned out to be... to follow my nose to as many cellars as I can possibly squeeze into one afternoon and still remain upright!!! I have however, decided not to keep you in the dark and have lined up an absolutely ambrosial drop of Cockburn's Vintage Port 2000 to begin my descent into pleasure. It is dark, big, fruity and sweet and perfectly wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment