Monday

Within a lion's roar...


What a beautiful time of year to be back in the Old Dart.  Yes, after being pickled in port for a few weeks, I felt that I really must be in London for the up-coming nuptials.  And of course, the city is positively heaving with anticipation of the day. Bunting everywhere and a buzz on the streets that is difficult not to get caught up in. I have however, found time to wander through the park and meander along the Thames to, what I think, is one of the most stunning institutes of art in the world... the Tate Modern.  Marvellous!! 
In celebration of my return, I thought it most fitting to rest the bones at a small establishment within view of the lions of Trafalgar Square  and within a lion's roar of the abbey.  A perfect place for a rousing gin and tonic, made with one of my favourites, Tanqueray Rangpur, with a wafer thin slice of lime on the side. Chin chin!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you'll give us a report of the weekend. I miss London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baron, do you have any insight into THE DRESS? And how are you coping with all the bunting? It must confuse you if you've been pickled in Portugal. Anxiously anticipating your next post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Kittie, I understand she will be wearing one! The bunting continues to flap but it does seem that people have taken to wearing it rather than waving it. The excitement is however, high..the day has finally dawned. More later.

    ReplyDelete