Saturday

Where I hang up my coat...



I don't often wonder at the glory of a hotel but I must say, after a pleasant evening on, at and in Porto drinking port oh! it is indeed a blessing to have somewhere to luxuriate and put ones feet up.  The perfect place to settle in for a few days and explore the many ante-chambers that line the staircase.  The Grande Hotel de Paris in Porto's city centre, has all the trimmings  of a tarts boudior and the comfort of an old pair of slippers and smoking jacket.  The hotel retains a great deal of its period furnishings and even has a splendid drawing room where an ample and nourishing breakfast is served.  It wears its age well and has a crumpled glory that makes one feel at home.  Glory truly abounds this evening and I have treated myself to a very special Graham's Vintage Port 1963, a superbly balanced blend of fruit, tannin and elegance. I can't say enough about this very special tipple so I will say no more

1 comment: